Re: DSC Power 832 Programming Guide

Sir, don't worry about the terminology; that is DSC's product numbers
for their equipment.

First off, try *8, 5010 in the hopes that the previous installer left
the installer code at factory. Likely not, and you will have to default
the board back to factory. However, before you do, check that the board
is not "locked" in software. The way to do this is to disconnect one
side of the siren, disconnect the battery and then disconnect the AC.
Then power up with AC only and listen for a series of about 10 clicks
coming from an onboard relay. If it clicks, it IS locked, and if you
continue the default procedure (see the manual), you will default all
information in the panel with the exception of the installer code, and
the board will be useless for anything at all.

Likely it isn't locked, and the panel will simply go back to factory
specs with the factory installer code of 5010. At that point, enter
installer programming mode and reprogram. If it is locked, you can send
it away to be unlocked (about $20 plus postage both ways), or simply
buy another board

Good luck !!

R=2EH.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products