Re: Pickup Truck tool box recommendations

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm looking to get a tool box for my truck and was wondering what
> ya'lls experience with them was.  I was thinking of the diamond-steel
> kind.  What is easier to work out of, the doors that open on each side
> or one big door that opens like a trunk?
>
> Any particular brand that is better?

Delta is ok, but so is Adrian Steel.  For a cross bed box one that opens all
the way across is much much better.  A lot easier to work out of.

The aluminum diamond plate boxes look good, and don't seem to looka s bad
when they get dinged and scratched, but the painted steel boxes are much
tougher.  I also think the white paint tends not to get as hot inside as the
aluminum boxes.

HOWEVER,  If you have the cash the easiest thing to work out of is a work
cap with side doors and tool boxes inside each side door.  Put all your
tools on one side, and all your smaller parts on the other side, and then
put your wire and big tools in the back.  Buy one with a ladder rack and you
are smoking good to go.  The only thing better is a van rigged out with
racks and bins.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River