Re: digital cable telephony

news:44f91637$0$509$815e3792@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> some days i don't know if i'm coming or going.
>
> like today had to deal with one of my favorite clients today, they have
> way
> too much money...hi def sat AND hi def cable at all tv's in the house..
> it seems every time i turn around they want to add or change
> something...every time they change something we have to go reprogram the
> mx-850 remote controls (personally, I don't mind cause we charge 65 bucks
> an
> hour) but heck...she spent 300 bucks in reprogramming today and in a month
> we are replacing one tv with a 63 plasma or maybe a 73 dlp and a 40 plasma
> in the mbr...and we'll have to re-program the dang thing again. It gives
> me
> a headache...i just don't have the brain-space for tv stuff anymore...way
> too freekin complicated.
>
> I told her they should just put me on a retainer, we're there almost every
> month.

I knw what you mean. I have a couple customers like that. Always remodeling
something, can't just let it be. The contractor gives me plenty of notice
though:  "Hey Jack, we've replaced three windows and need the alarm hooked
back up. Any time today would be great. Oh, by the way; last week the
plumber cut a wire by accident, looked like one of yours. He twisted it back
together though, so we could finish the drywall. Oh, and the keypads are
making this weird humming noise."
js