Re: Radionics system questions

"Logan" <mcoinvestmentnospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Xns9825B6D33FFBmco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have some questions about some Radionics hardware that I have. I am
> planning to install a Radionics burglary/fire panel in my house. Some
> things I'd like to do with it are: security, fire, and later on, HID door
> access control for 2 doors. I'll need more than 8 zones, so I'd want to
> use the popex and popits for expansion. Right now, I have an 8112I panel,
> 3 D1252 pads, 2 D8125 popexs, 2x D8130 output relays, a D128 two line
> phone adapter, plus a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff and some popits.
> I have been reading everything I can find about Radionics panels and I
> like their capabilities, especially compared to more "consumer"-oriented
> panels. Ok, some questions
>
> 1) I understand that there are a number of different models of the 8112
> panel, but I am having a hard time finding what the different models are
> and what there capabilities are.

More than likely you will have an 8112 G2 model, they were the most popular

> 2) I am not committed to keeping an existing 8112 panel. I am interested
> other panels that are compatible with the hardware I listed above. I
> found that the panels are cheap compared to all the hardware that you buy
> to use with them. I'd like to know what radionic panels are recommended.

Will will likely have to replace about all of it, a lot of the old boards
had problems on new Rad panels

> 3) Regarding programming, how hard is that to do, if you have a manual
> and a programmer, can you figure it out? I've had to program stuff before
> and usually a week of trial and error is sufficient. Is the same true for
> Radionics panels? Also, how hard is the 5100 to use compared to a 5200
> and compared to RAM software? Where do you get handlers for different
> panels if the programmer doesnt have them already? I'd like to note that
> I wouldn't rule out having someone program it for me, I'm not too proud,
> heh.

It would be a first for me to see a 5200 that didn't have an 8112 handler,
you are better off with RAM software unless you like shelling out 800 bux
for a 5200

> 5) A little off in the weeds here, has anyone used the EAR emergency
> audio reporting connection on a radionics panel? I understand the CS can
> talk to the premises while a break-in is occurring, that sounds pretty
> cool.

Thats a 2-way board, several companies make those