Need Programming Help

I have a Safewatch Pro 3000EN (Ademco-Vista 15P) wireless system with
two 6270 keypads.

I want to be able to set up a macro key to bypass my upstairs motion
detector. My baby's bedroom is at the opposite end of the hall from my
bedroom and the hall is covered by the upstairs motion detector. I have

to bypass it every night and it is tedious and time consuming.

I checked my manual and it says 'the installer must first activate this

function using the *57 Function key Menu Mode before macros can be
assigned'...whatever that means, and I can't tell if this was done or
not.  I checked the programming guide and now I'm even more confused.
The system was pre-programmed by someone else.

I figured out the installer code and know the number assigned to the
motion I want to bypass, but don't have a clue how to check if the
macro function was activated or not, much less what to do from there
one way or another! I'd like to assign the bypass of this particular
motion detector to a macro key, if possible.

I don't know where to even start!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.