Re: Doing research on locked up Alarm panel Phenomena

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "Karl Magnus" <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Here is a interesting bit of Alarm panel phenomena....
>>
>>The ITI SXIV systems. If you take a SXIV keypad (the wooden/wireless
>>one) and hold down the panics (fresh batteries help too...) you can walk
>>in/ defeat any SXIVb in town! The keypad that you are holding down the
>>panic buttons on, will block the main systems sensors from working.
>

> Wow that will defeat the maybe 3 or 4 SX-IV's still in existance

There are a FEW more.

>>Kick ass. Just make sure the keypad you are using is on a different
>>house code that the target system (easy enough).... This is one of
>>several ways to defeat the GE/ITI stuff.
>

> Wanna try it on something made within the last 15 or so years?

Well, there is a way to do it with any of the 319.5ITI/GE stuff,
however, the more advanced panels in the line can detect this method via
a look at the average dB of the signals. So, easily?, no, not really,
but possible....sure. We all know the deal, any panel can be
worked-around, but we are protecting against the average
crackhead/rapist for the most part. The other 2% of the time we are
protecting against the cat burgler.

Other interesting things can be accomplished by spoofing the signal, and
changing the transmitter ID bits. (This should work for some Ademco
wireless as well)

Anyways.....you are right. You are God-like.

Thanks for callin me out.

KM