DSC 5020: One for the books

DSC 5020, new in the box, installed today. Showed battery trouble, well the
battery has been on the shelf for about a month, so I figure it will charge
up in about an hour  So, I go on about my business. Still have the battery
trouble an hour and a half later, so I check the battery voltage: 12.6.
Tried another battery, and the lead sparks to the battery terminal when I
connect it. Hmmm...check the output voltage on the battery leads from the
panel: MINUS 13.8. The battery leads have reverse polarity. Look at the
board: the f**king leads are reversed on the board. Compared it to another
known good 5020, yup. The leads are reversed.
What the hell? Anyone from DSC reading this??
--
js

- Light travels faster than sound.  That is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.