Re: ISC East

alarman wrote:
> "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > If any of you are attending drop me an email. I'll be there later today
> > and tomorrow.
> > If some of you are unable to attend but would like information or
> > brochures from any exhibitors let me know and I will pick them up for
> > you.
>
> Pick me up a few of those mini screwdrivers, will ya?
> js <

I didn't get any screwdrivers today but Joe Parisi from Rapid gave me a
flashlight. He's just kissing ass in hopes he gets more butter cookies
from Artuso's.

It was really good today but tomorrow should be better considering the
big crowd was today because of the ADI party afterwards (didn't
attend).
Tomorrow I should be able to get alot done with reps having more time
to spend with people looking for vendors rather than people looking for
booze and boobs.

The positives:
I found some pretty decent CCTV suppliers, and ran into a really nice
guy from TriEd who I haven't seen since he was with Ademco.

I met Dale Eller from the NBFAA, who despite his emails being larger
than a RHC post, is still a good guy. Really helpful folks there.

Al Colombo's boss was there and told me the reason Al didn't attend is
because the last time he was in NY he was caught streaking in Times
Square. As a NYer I am glad our city will not be exposed to Al running
naked again. Keep that shit in Ohio with the bad italian food.
Seriously though the people at his booth were class acts.

Jason Keith from Monitronics lost about 300lbs so either his check from
the Monkster is not  as big as he claims or they have started testing
for steroids on North Stemmons Freeway.
Monitronics is offering up to a 30K signing bonus for new dealers.

Access control was well represented with some new companies mixed among
the usual suspects.

I didn't see any of the Brinks crowd which is a positive in my book,
and also a suggestion made by my attorney. Amazing how a company can
charge back a dealer for an account that was never sold to them while
collecting on 17 other inhouse acounts. Boy did that dealer program
head south after they brought in the ADT characters or what? Kinda like
what happened to Monkey after they did the same. Talk about getting out
at the right time. Whew.

Negatives:

The smoke cannon was on display and the rep from their company told me
how great it was and how widespread it's use is in Denmark. I asked him
if he knew Cooper or Professor X but he claimed he couldn't tell me
that unless I ordered first.

There were bars serving alcohol right on the showroom floor.

Parking was $40.00

I missed Russ MacDonnell by a few minutes.

I met Jim (Alarminex) and he was drunk off his ass trying to look up
the skirts of the eye candy with his one good eye.
Jim's real name is not Jim. His real name is Augustus Pope and he's
been selling alarms since the 1840's.

Mike S. was a NO SHOW! Shame shame shame on you! You better be there
tomorrow.

Frank Olsen was there but was so busy working the counter he didn't
have time to say hi.

A few companies will be added to my vendor list after today so I
consider this a great show for that reason only. Normally it's a waste
of time, but I am looking forward to going back tomorrow.