Simon ITI Toolbox software

Howdy, i've now got me a Simon V1.1 and a Simon 2.<something> and i've
stumbled accross several links indicating there is this toolbox software
that can connect to the simon.  As i don't have a land line here, i
wanted to get it to see if i could write a comm routine that would allow
me to transfer the comm data to TCP and then have it email me the
various states of the panel.

The best place i found it was at GE's site, but after several emails i
have heard nothing.  Is this software discontinued?

Alternately, is there a way to make a 'null modem cable' for it?  Then i
wouldn't even need the software (i think).

Jim