Re: Stockroom blowout

"Roland Moore" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:motYg.105435$5o5.80192@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The Z1100? I hated that panel from the first day I saw it back when it had
> the Moose name. I hated the Z900 and all of those panels. I am depressed
> to learn that someone actually wanted that stuff and even more depressed
> that they apparently paid money for it. Do tell how that happened.
> On the other hand, money is money, and I have a pile of similar junk that
> is nothing more than a home for wayward cockroaches that I should try to
> get rid of the same way. That pile includes some pre v 10 Napco GEM9600, a
> Mag 3000 or two is buried there somewhere too, a pile of 900 MHz DSC
> wireless, some Radionics (pre Bosch) D7412G, D9112, D8112G2, D8024 fire
> panel w/keypad, Pull Stations, Horn Strobes, a big box or 2 of keypads of
> nearly every brand, type and description, old APEX & DSC (PC1000, PC1500,
> PC1550, PC 2550) junk panels, Northern N-1000 II, Kantech KT-200 with
> v2.05, Indala Readers w/KSF, old Receptor gear, old mag locks, old
> cameras, old style AD PTZs, zoom lenses, housings, and the list goes on
> and on.  By writing this I am beginning to realize why everyone yaps about
> the spare parts warehouse being full. If someone has some $ to offer and a
> specific request I'll start digging in the crap pile and tell you what
> I've found.

I installed a ton of those panels back in the 80's, and still have a lot of
them out there making money. They are bulletproof, but the keypads do wear
out. I am upgrading them now as I can. I keep some spare parts, but when my
supply of boards and keypads builds up I sell them off. There are plenty of
dealers out there looking for spares. Heh, you mentioned a DSC PC1000; I'll
be taking the last one of those off line next week. This particular PC1000
has run for almost 20 years without a problem.
js