Re: laptop serial port

I always wonder why some guys like Ademco (Honeywell) stuff. Do you really
prefer it for any reasons other than price or ADI availability? I had to put
in a Vista 250 FBP for another alarm company and it was really pain to
program even with Compass. The 4208 SN wasn't too bad but when I got over
200 zones the silly thing took forever to respond to an open loop (seven
seconds). Tech support said "Yeah, over 200 points they don't work so good".
The 4204 and the 4204 CF were really goofy. Not even the guys at level 2
tech support seemed to understand it very well when trying to create
conditions to trip one area and not another or move the elevator. There was
a feature I called "flush the toilet" where you had to power cycle the panel
to accept any program changes in the relay output schema. I don't know but
using combo burg/fire panels like the 250 FBP is not my preference
especially when trying to find a foreign ground.
If you know the future when is AlarmNet G coming out? Ademco says AlarmNet C
it is going away like all the others in the AMPS network (but they keep
selling it). I heard they are going to have a trade in program like Uplink
did.
I haven't used the 7845i but I have used the Bosch equal (9133-TTLE and
4020i) and the Napco equal. It is a lot faster than dial up.