Re: laptop serial port

Don wrote:
> "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Don" <don@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=ACP50US
>>>
>>> looks like one way to go to get a serial port on a new laptop.  any
>>> others?
>>>
>> DELL still makes laptops with Serial Ports.........
> no they don't .  I asked heir support poeple yesterday.

Then Dell needs some new support people. The Latitude D620 definitely
does have a serial port.

"http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/latit_d620?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~section=specs#tabtop";

You can even click on the picture, turn it around, and see the back, and
clearly see the 9 pin serial port connector.