Re: Pickup Truck tool box recommendations

thesatguy said:

>Problem is putting cover on back to secure bed prevents the installation of
>standard ladder racks which mount inside the bed - I use the temp ladder
>racks because I don't carry large ladders around unless I will be needing
>them; it kills any chance of getting good gas mileage, so I keep a 6ft
>ladder down in the bed along with wire and whatever but around here you MUST
>have the bed covered or everything will vanish the first time the truck is
>out of your sight.
>
>However I have now found one place that will make a custom cover for your
>bed that works with existing cross tool boxes and will allow me to install a
>weekender ladder rack.... best of both worlds.

If you buy a decent shell like a commercial Gem-Top, you simply order the
roof reinforced to accomodate ladder racks.  Then, bolt on your Adrian or
Masterack ladder rack, and you're done.  The problem is when you try to put
ladders on some cheap piece of shit fiberglass shell.

- badenov