Re: notifier verifire softwarw

Nick, I think you are missing the point.  Unlike other "proprietary"
products, Notifier fire panels can always be programmed from the front
panel.  While that might not be the most convenient way to program, it is
all that is needed.  If you have the correct programming software you can
also upload and download the equipment with a pc.

Compare that to, say, an EST-3 panel.  Can't do anything from the front
panel.  If you have the software AND the dongle required to make it work,
you can only download.  There is no way to upload the program out of EST's
fire panels and you are stuck either trying to get it from the installing
distributor (good luck) or starting from scratch and writing your own
program, not a simple task on a large or complicated system.

My point is that Notifier has taken the high ground, made their systems
uploadable and provided complete programming ability with no software or
equipment needed.

Oh yeah, F*** EST (GE)!

Mike B