Re: Good news for US -- Secure Fence Act of 2006

> > By US I mean those in the security industry and the United States. I'm
> > more than happy to install cameras along the fence.  It's about time
> > we do something to secure our border.  That jackass Bush better sign
> > it.  Maybe it would have stoped degenerates like Juan Leonardo
> > Quintero from coming in.  Five fucking years after the attack on our
> > country and we're just now doing something about physical security,
> > what a pity.
>
> You obviously haven't tried to board a plane with an "economy size"
> bottle of shampoo.  :-)

The whole thing is just another pork barrel act to benefit favorite
contractors -- specifically those who contributed heavily to the Bush
campaigns.  Don't expect they'll toss anything your way.  It'll
probably go to Diebold in a no-bid contract, just like the security and
access control systems they installed in all the palaces-turned-prisons
in Iraq.

The project is a waste anyway.  They'll just tunnel under it or ram
through it like they do all the time in places where there already is a
fence.  Besides, more terrorists have been caught coming in from Canada
than Mexico.  It seems they prefer riding across the northern border in
a rented car to walking through the desert.

The real reason that Bush is willing to put up this fence is to appease
his xenophobic, right-wing, Republican base who hate Mexicans and most
other immigrants (never mind the fact that virtually all of them are
descendants of immigants).

There's not a shred of evidence that Mexicans have been involved in any
terrorist acts against the US.  They just come here looking for work
and what they get is mostly jobs that Americans don't want.

While Bush and his cronies divvy up a few hundred million dollars among
their pals to build a fence to keep Mexicans out, they completely
ignore the area where Bin Laden is hiding -- assuming he's not dead.
They're passing laws to make it legal for the CIA and the military to
torture prisoners, then convict and sentence them based on
"confessions" elicited by force.  If you're dumb enough to think
they'll stop at using these tactics against foreign nationals, you're
in for a nasty surprise.  The day they think you're an inconvenience
they'll come knocking at your door.

"First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist - so I
said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a
Social Democrat - so I did nothing. Then they came for the trade
unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the
Jews, but I was not a Jew - so I did little. Then when they came for
me, there was no one left who could stand up for me."  -- Martin
Niemoeller