Re: store system w 4-8 cameras ?

"J. @netscape.net>" <jsloud2001<removeme> wrote in message
news:rpkth21kb8eu3j20atphufske4bp4n7pq3@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:41:57 GMT, Matt Ion <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>I guess home built DVR's are sort of like kit cars or
> homemade airplanes.  Maybe they'll work okay, but most people want a
> purpose built machine and a warranty/ service plan from a reputable
> company.  How does someone get a loaner or an advance replacement on a
> homebuilt DVR?

Whether the homebuilts are able to do the job or not, as with burg and/or
fire systems, the local inspectors are hitting us with UL listings on the
DVR's. Where does the listing come from, on one of the homebuilts? The
listing on the orginal machine, if it has one, goes away once it has been
rebuilt to suit. Just using listed parts does not cut it. The listing is
based on the assembly. What does that do for a defendants case, even if the
homebuilt is able to somehow produce a watermarked piece of evidence, other
than leaving a large hole for the defendants attorney to walk through?