Re: Sanity test on pricing please

Bob Sisson wrote:
> I need a sanity test on an installation  price....
>
> 35 year old large sized rancher...
>     (2,000 sq.ft on main level)
> Full access to unfinished attic
> Suspended ceiling in basement...
>
> 7 wired door contacts
> 26 Wireless Windows
> 2 overhead door wired
> 4 wireless glass break
> 4 fixed displays
> 1 interior siren
> 1 exterior siren
> 3 wireless rate of rise
> 6 wireless smoke/heat
> 1 GE Interlogix panel w/battery
> 1 RS-232 Module
> 1 Directional Driveway Alarm (Wired)  (300' wire)
>
> The price I get was close to 6K.
> I built the last system and I know what the new system  would cost me to put
> it in assuming my time is worth nothing.  I also know my "Valuing" is WAY
> off...
>
> They said if we DIDN'T want monitoring it would add $750 to the price....
>
> I really don't want to do this system, as I know how long it will take me (I
> would go ALL wireless anyway), but I know my sense is off... I just want to
> know if this is even close....
>
> Bob S.

Come on now everbody.

I'm a hvac contractor working for myself. I make 60 tho a year(on a good
year) destroying my body for the comfort of others.  The people I mostly
work for make from 100,000 to 600,000 a year. If they want cheap crap
work it is always out there and some complain about my prices and take
it. What is so special about the jobs that pay over a 100,000 that
justify that kind of income.
Arrogance!

Here is a guy making way over the typical living wage of most (2000 sq
foot dwelling plus all utility's and needing security to boot).

Bob,

Please explain to me the problem with other people, besides you, making
a decent living wage also?

I say, if Bob wants cheap, let him move to China or buy his household
security system from the loco wall mart.

bb

p.s. I just got under bid on a furnace that I was almost giving away and
am in no mood to read anything from price whiners.