Re: pir false alarms

Nomen Nescio wrote:
> Matt Ion said:
>

>>My take is, the installer who's billing him has failed to correctly
>>diagnose the problem and has merely treated the symptoms, and should not
>>be paid for an
>>incomplete job.
>

> The installer's job is to make the false alarms stop, not to determine the
> precise cause of those false alarms.  In other words, replacing relatively
> low-cost equipment like PIRs is often cheaper than making multiple service
> visits to try and nail down the exact reason the substandard PIR went off.

And if the problem is in the wiring, or the brain, or as someone else
speculated, being caused by EMI, then simply swapping a PIR isn't only going to
be a temporary patch.  He's now replaced one PIR, and the problem is occurring
in two other zones, once again causing false alarms.

By your thinking, the obvious solution is not to arm the system, thus stopping
the false alarms once and for all.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"Then don't do that..."