Re: flush mount alarm panel enclosure

I remember when some gear used to come with its own double sided foam tape
for mounting, and I suspect some still might. Times change. Now when I see
it installed (by someone else) I think it is the tool of choice if not the
very heart and soul of the true trunk slammer. Works today and generates a
service call for tomorrow. When you're super overloaded with work and you
give a new sub a small test job to complete, when QC'd he'll never do
another when double stick tape is used to mount gear. We make sure he never
wants to by back charging to fix his work. Even if there are no standoffs in
the box they can be easily had from many sources. With few exceptions there
is no reason to not to mount gear using proper stanoffs.