Re: flush mount alarm panel enclosure

| You could just screw the DSC can to a stud right now, leave it sticking
| out about 3/4" to make room for the drywall.

Yuck. Have you ever seen this look or work correctly? You have to leave more
sticking out than you think or the door won't open correctly. Then the wires
are hard to get into the box. To me it's not worth the time as it never
looks good, unless the panel comes with a flush mounting box I'd say forget
it...or:

| However, a stuctured wiring enclosure would be ideal in a new home so
| you can run all your computer networking wiring, CATV/SAT, phone and
| security to one place.

This would be better, but keeping other wires away from the alarm board
would be my concern.