Re: Contronic House Alarm

<thoseradiodays@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1163623482.701251.55920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> I have a Contronic house alarm.  It was here when I moved in.  ----- 1.
> --How do I open the control box without the alarm going off? When I
> came home today the house alarm siren was sounding.  I had set the
> alarm when I left the house.  Just before I came home a wind storm had
> caused the power to go out.  When I got into the house the power had
> come back on. ----- 2. --  Does this indicate that my battery in the
> control box is weak?  ---- Earl Williams,  Surrey, British Columbia
> -----  Wednesday, November 15, 2006   12:38 PM

You are asking us for an opinion regarding your alarm system without knowing
all the facts.  My advice would be to call an independent dealer in to
perform routine maintenance/inspection.  If you explain to him that it's a
local system and that you're not interested in monitoring services, expect
that he will charge appropriately.  In the Vancouver/Surrey area that could
be anywhere from $55.00 to $85.00 per hour usually with a two hour minimum.
The battery for this system will run you around $30.00.  GST and PST are of
course, extra.