Re: Contronic House Alarm

On 15 Nov 2006 12:44:42 -0800, thoseradiodays@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Contronic house alarm.

OMG!! A CONTRONIC Alarm System? Yikes is that ever OLD!

>It was here when I moved in.  ----- 1.
>--How do I open the control box without the alarm going off?

If it was wired with a tamper switch, you can't. Just turn the siren
off with the key. Or since you have the panel open, remove a wire from
the siren terminal.

>When I
>came home today the house alarm siren was sounding.  I had set the
>alarm when I left the house.  Just before I came home a wind storm had
>caused the power to go out.  When I got into the house the power had
>come back on. ----- 2. --  Does this indicate that my battery in the
>control box is weak?

Er, you battery may be weak because the power went off and came back
on?

You alarm system is the weak part. Time to upgrade from the 70's
system you have. Hey I wonder if Red Foreman needs an alarm system -
the Contronic would be an upgrade for him.

>  ---- Earl Williams,  Surrey, British Columbia
>-----  Wednesday, November 15, 2006   12:38 PM

Julian