Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:48:44 GMT, "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >It's called a shunt trip breaker. I did a fire alarm system at a night
club
> >that required all power for certain devices or areas to be shutdown. I
don't
> >remember the specifics. I do remember that the DJ booth & sound system
would
> >be shutdown, besides the normal shutdown of all HVAC.
>
> Yeah - I've done movie theaters with that, shutdown the projectors and
> sound plus turned on the house lights.
>
> Kitchen hood systems also use shunts to turn off the hood fans.

Shunts are used for alot of different things in different occupancies. One
that catches my guys every once and awhile is we have a Lexus dealership and
when they do the body shop the paint booths shut down. They are at the other
end of the body shop in a separate area. They can always tell because the
painters come out screamin. Ooops! We try to do after hours but no one wants
to pay anymore. OK, lets kill two birds and use it as a fire drill. This is
good for some occupancys, especially at day cares.