Re: Fire Alarm System Inspections. How and how much?

> It's called a shunt trip breaker. I did a fire
> alarm system at a night club that required
> all power for certain devices or areas to
> be shutdown. I don't remember the specifics.
> I do remember that the DJ booth & sound
> system would be shutdown, besides the
> normal shutdown of all HVAC.

It makes sense to shut down the sound system.  An evax system we installed in a church was rigged to override the sanctuary audio
system though it didn't kill power to the sound booth.  It cut out the amps.

You do this to make certain the audible alarms are heard.  But shutting down the building mains?  I don't think so.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics