Re: The results are in

"Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1163140552.978925.303230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Mark Leuck wrote:
> > "Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > Yup
> >
> > Exactly which is why you see democrats moving to the right to get
elected
> > and republicans going bye bye when they move to the left <
>
> Explain Rick Santorum?

There are exceptions and Rick was in a very blue state

> Republicans get booted out when they start focusing on shit that has no
> business being discussed in federal legislative halls.
> Dems get elected in protest.
> Now doesn't that tell you the country wants CONSERVATIVE leaders?

No question and thats what I was saying, Republicans forgot why they got
power in 1994 and it caught up with them

> Closest party we have to true conservative ideals is the Libertarians
> yet they get zip for coverage.

They get zip for coverage because they can't get anyone to vote for them and
they never win anything

> The last viable conservative party was
> the Bull Moose.

A lot of good that did, it split the Republican party and allowed Wilson to
be elected

> Conservatives have been elected since, but very watered
> down versions of the original beliefs.
> You really believe the two party system is affective?

Yes, if you want to see what a 3,4 or 5 party is like go to Italy, its a
mess

> We don't accept that shit from telephone providers but we should open
> our arms to it when it involves governing the country? We can break up
> Ma Bell but we can't get rid of Ted Kennedy.

Ted can take a dump on his supporters and he'll get re-elected, blame Mass.
voters for that.