Re: Law Suit in NJ

Jim wrote:
> Everywhere Man wrote:
> > They wouldn't need to raise as much if they didn't waste our membership
> > fees on trade show booths, airfares, car rentals, and hotel
> > accomodations. Honestly, who visits those booths other than members who
> > just want to hobnob?
> > As for the alarm company getting smacked for 4.5 mil..... tough shit.
> > Next time secure the place better, using proper design, equipment, good
> > installers, and top shelf monitoring.
> > If I get sued for a client losing his ass because I provided an
> > unrealiable system then by all means hang me out to dry.
> > The NBFAA needs to start doing something realistic like fighting for a
> > cookie cutter burg & fire licensing guideline to be accepted by all
> > states, or fighting the national telemarketing laws that take food out
> > of our mouths but don't apply to politicians.
> > And you don't need to be a mass marketer to be affected by
> > telemarketing legislation. I'm sure thousands of accounts are now owned
> > by people posting here who don't telemarket but came across that
> > account because the customer wanted to shop around before saying yes to
> > the marketing company.
>

> Ghawd but your crochety.
>

> I'm sure glad I'm not going to be around when you get to be my age. <

Crotchety yes, but am I wrong in what I said?
I mean Honest to GOD how many fucking membership dollars went out the
window on shit no member in their right mind actually cares about? I'm
not talking about the members who swear by it because it's the only
place they go that other people will listen to them. Those are lost
causes. They are the people who join AARP and can't wait for the
monthly newsletter to see if their story complaining about the price of
pay toilets for seniors at the nude beach was printed.

Seriously, show me one member who joined for any reason other than to
be able to display the logo, and even that couldn't draw flies if it
was made from shit, let alone close a deal for us.
I pay a membership fee so my email can get flooded with nonsense offers
from companies who MUST be throwing a kickback to the NBFAA? Now I pay
to be the one on the receiving end of the sales pitch?

And am I the only one who finds it strange that every fucking meeting
is held in an establishment that serves liquor? If we are talking
business then schedule the meeting in a hotel conference room and not
your friend's local pub & grill. If I want to get drunk I certainly
don't want to do it sitting next to a bunch of assclowns debating the
proper positioning of an end of line resistor, or who sold more
accounts than who.

The Association is a shell of what it should be, and spare me the "well
if more people would participate it would be different" mantra because
that's a load of camel cock too. The elections are more pre-determined
than a pro wrestling match, and with the same results. After both are
over you feel stupid for wasting time on it.

Other than that I am a pretty soft spoken guy :-)