Re: wireless video transmission

The Verint S1100 is what gets used typically in these applications. Takes
about one week lead time to get one since they build them to order usually.
http://www.verint.com/video_solutions/misc/S1100WEB.PDF
This kind of gear isn't cheap. Full retail about $2800.00. If you're not a
Verint dealer I know Anixter carries  Verint but I never ordered one of
these units thru Anixter always direct. Ordered a set last week. Still have
not received it.
You can use repeaters. There is point to point and point to multipoint.1/4
miles is not a problem, you can go almost 10 miles depending on the antenna
you use and CIF/frame rate you XMIT. It is line of sight but has a tear drop
sort of pattern. To figure actual range you have to use funny dB calcs
through the circuit. If you're way off the FCC might spank you alittle. It
is not a big deal, just funny adding dB here and taking away there,
especially since you can get more out than you put in
Problems are what looks like flat ground to the eye sometimes isn't and
there is signal blockage. Trees at this time of year can be killers. No
leaves = great signal. Springtime comes leaves= big problems.
If you have never messed with wireless give yourself about a half a day to
read instructions and get familiar with it. If you never messed with IP
encoders give yourself about 2 full days to to read instructions and get
familiar with understanding network topology.