Re: alarm service contract time length question in CA

Iven said:

>Where does the hostility about blaming someone for not reading a contract
>come from here?I thought this site was to help out answering questions or
>helping people out. I am a big enough boy to handle my own,this situation
>here looks like a F***ING scam to me,the issue here is that I NEVER signed
>ANY contracts with this company,I have only signed 1 thing from them and its
>from a tech checking out a problem with a motion sensor and me signing that
>he was there doing the work. I bought this business from someone else and
>only spoke with someone over the phone about putting the account in my name.
>I NEVER was given anything to read or sign,any NEVER agreed to any contract

Ah, now the important details start coming out.  You need to discuss this
with a lawyer.

You say you bought a business, and the details of that transaction may
determine whether you are liable.  If your purchase agreement was for the
entire business (for example, if you bought shares of stock in the seller's
corporation) you are probably on the hook for the contract, even though you
never signed anything.   On the other hand, if you only bought the assets
of the business, and not the liabilities, then you can tell the alarm
company to go pound sand.

- badenov