Re: ADT Yard Signs

Crash Gordon wrote:
> How did you obtain an ADT sign "legally" without buying an alarm from ADT?
> My lawnsigns are my property and covered by my tradename (similar to
> copyright protection), if you don't buy a system from me you can't get a
> sign "legally", if you stole it from someone else's lawn...that ain't legal
> either.
>
> ADT does not sell lawnsigns so you don't own it legally.

I guess when a law is enacted which says "Purchasing ADT lawn signs is
forbidden by law" I'd take care not to do so.  Dealers who sell ADT
lawnsigns as accessories might be frowned upon by ADT, but even that is
NOT illegal.  In the case of EBay, I'm sure the guys who are currently
selling ADT signs with the logo intentionally distorted in pictures
received a nice pissy letter from ADT lawyers who had their panties in
a bunch over the suggestion of using signs without buying an alarm
system and using the ADT trademark to do so.  But, believe it or not,
the act of buying an ADT lawn sign does not constitute trademark
infringement.  Hell, ADT should love the free advertising I am
providing, if anything.