Re: Kidde Combined Smoke / CO Alarm

"Matt" <mattb95@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since I'm planning to take this alarm back (but still keen to have a
> CO/smoke alarm) does anyone know of an alternative CO alarm that I
> could get? Even better would be another combined smoke/CO detector so I
> don't need to buy two.

Are you sure this might not be the time of day your heater or whatever
is running and it might not be a CO alarm?

The CO detector to have is the Nighthawk plug in model with the
digital readout.  To confuse matters though, Kiddie bought Nighthawk
semi recently, or licensed their technology.  It's a rectangular
little box with an LED display on it.

Battery powered CO detectors have a long history of being prone to
false alarms.   Battery powered smoke alarms work fine though.

I might have the fire department out with their very expensive CO
detector around that time of day to make sure you don't have a problem
that your current detector is trying to tell you about.    They do
that for free as a public service here in most locations in the US.
YMMV.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.