Kidde Combined Smoke / CO Alarm

Hey guys. I've been having some trouble with a Kidde smoke/Co alarm
I've recently bought for my room. I am in the unenviable position of
living with a hot water boiler in my wardrobe so I thought that whilst
i was going to buya  smoke alarm anyway, I may as well get one that
does CO as well - so I bought the Kidde one.

However, the alarm has started going off around early-mid morning every
day. There's no audio warning; there is simply just a long beep,
followed by a shorter beep then a pause. It does this over and over
until I get fed up of it and takes the batteries out. Having read the
operating instructions, it mentions that the alarm cannot operate below
4=2E4=B0C. Since the time of day that this happens is probably when my
room is coldest and that since my room is on an outside wall and in the
North East of England, it seems that going below this temperature is
probably what is setting the alarm off.

Since I'm planning to take this alarm back (but still keen to have a
CO/smoke alarm) does anyone know of an alternative CO alarm that I
could get? Even better would be another combined smoke/CO detector so I
don't need to buy two.

Kind Regards,

Matt