Re: Ademco Panels?

> Their unfair pricing & restricted distribution
> channels are another story. It pisses me off
> when a manufacturer distributes their own
> products, which then creates unfair trade &
> selling practices...

I disagree, Jim.  Their policy of selling through limited distributors may
not be convenient for dealers who don't use those distributors but that's
not "unfair trade".  It's just their business model.  Besides, you can buy
Ademco from other distributors besides ADI/Honeywell.  In fact, there's a
competing distributor now 30 minutes from your office that sells Ademco.  I
buy Ademco from ADI because they give me good prices.  On some lines they
can't compete with other distributors so I buy those elsewhere.  That's not
unfair -- it's just business.  They have the right to sell their products to
whomever they want.  Those who don't like it (and there are plenty who
don't) simply opt for other brands.  It's not as though there is a dearth of
brands from which to choose.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass