Re: Electric door bump thingie

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Working on a custom maglock project. I need something like a 12v solenoid to
> "bump" a hidden door opened after the maglock releases. There's no visible
> means of opening the door from outside the room. Just has to bump the door
> opened enough so you can grab the door to open it.
>
> Or..any other ideas?

Just a small coil spring between the door and the jamb - will hold it
slightly open normally, but once the maglock is engaged and the door
pulled shut, it'll stay shut.

Maybe not the fanciest solution, but by far the simplest, I think.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-3, 05/19/2006
Tested on: 5/21/2006 1:50:43 PM