Re: Ultrasonic Sensors

rgondzur wrote:
> My need is to monitor the perimeter of an outdoor area.
> I am considering ultrasonic sensors to act as an intrusion monitor.
> They need to be mounted near ground level.
>
> I need a device similar to what I see on upper-priced automobiles that
> indicate the presence of items around its perimeter.
> I have seen a very nice system mounted on the bumper of a BMW that
> works extremely well to indicate a person walking around the vehicle.
>
> The sensor must be designed for outdoor/external applications.
>
> There will be a series of sensors with patterns that overlap to provide
> detection around the entire perimeter.
> They will all be wired to a controller that will sound an alarm when
> the perimeter has been entered.
>
> Perimeter size can vary from one hundred to several hundred feet.
>
> Since they will be used outdoors, what will the issues be?
>
> Therefore, I am looking for low-power, reliable sensors and the
> suggested controller to manage the system.
>
> Of course, price will be a determinig factor.

As you can see from the results of your posting, you are being
"stalked" by an unethical parts pusher by the name of Robert Bass. His
entire existance here is based on telling people lies so that they will
buy parts from him. He will tell anyone who comes here looking for
infromation, that they will find whatever it is they want to do an easy
task. He's an inexperienced book educated parts pusher who work out of
his home or from out of the country. He stocks no parts and simply
makes money by giving people wrong or incomplete information and
selling them parts shipped directly to them from distributors in their
area. He has a long record of unanswered Better Business Bureau
complaints, and is an agitator and argumentative jerk who misleads
people into thinking he actually knows something about present day
alarms sytems.

He has no license to install alarms systems because he's a convicted
felon for threatening a family member with a gun. He's also responsible
for someones death.

As you can see by the responses in this thread he has insulted and
offeded numerous people in this Newsgroup and that he is a pariah in
this group. It is strongly recommended that you avoid corresponding
with him and doing business with him.