Re: newbie

> looking at having a few cameras outside of my home
> for security.. i was wondering if anyone made a system
> where the camera had a motion detector built in it, to
> where it could start recording anytime the detector went
> off?

That's a fairly common request.  The solution is not in the camera but in the
recording device.  Security cameras don't turn on and off.  They're always on.
It's the DVR or PC that starts and stops recording.  Most can be set up to
trigger from a standard, outdoor motion detector.

Another popular technique for controlling the recording is video motion
detection.  At the DVR you program one or more "sensitive areas" in the field of
view of each camera.  As long as the scene in that area remains unchanged the
DVR will either not record anything or take slow motion images.  When something
changes the DVR switches to "real time", recording full motion from that camera
for a while before switching back.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.