Re: Messages, Block Sender

mikey wrote:
> If you are newly arrived be fore-warned that we have an inconsiderate
> asshole here by the name of Robert Bass flogging his failing drop-shipping
> business. He somehow feels he can cheat and/or fool google search engine
> robots. There is some half-assed attempt at a warning us with a PR: preface
> (short for prick) but it's easy to click on his nonsense and it really slows
> things down. I'm just blocking him now in Outlook with *** Messages, Block
> Sender ***. It asked me if I wanted to delete all his messages and the
> thing's been chugging away the whole time I've been writing this. I've never
> blocked anyone here but this is just to much, I hope others don't follow and
> make the place unusable.
> You're an asshole, Bass.
>

> *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
> *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***

This is (in my opinion) the wrong way to deal this.  There are several
Newsgroups in which Robert participates that should also be made aware
of his "PR" posts.  If we were to flood those groups with the same
garbage he distributes here, then I believe he'll cave in to the
resulting bad publicity.  Posting flames hasn't worked.  Posting his
history on Usenet hasn't worked.  Hitting him where he lives and showing
him up for the self-serving, egocentric prig he is will be far more
effective.  For what it's worth I intend to post every "PR" message he
makes here to CHA.  I hope the rest of you who care about making this
Group all that it can be will follow suit.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com