Re: FBI XL-1

"thesatguy" <thesatguy1@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jh%Vf.2164$Aa1.1578@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thats a really really really really old panel - it doesn't know anything
> about dirty smoke detectors because when it was designed they didn't have
> any 'dirty' smoke detector technology.
>
> It willl report a trouble signal for day trouble however most peeps in
> business now have now idea what a day circuit is.
>
> It will also report a trouble signal if the fire circuit went open.
>
> Usually it reports a trouble signal when the customer tries to enter his
> code way too many time cause they don't know what it is.  Thats the cause
> of most trouble signals - it also reports trouble for ac off and low
> battery.

This is for a relative's system that was in the house when they moved in and
it's not close enough for me to have a look. I'm only a DIY guy but I do
have *some* experience with these panels however I'm struggling trying to
figure out what it is and how often it's sent? I asked them to call the CS
and provide more details, it may have been a one shot deal with the CS?

I  was thinking a low battery too however that's two locations on question
14 (L3 -L4)  and the AC loss is question 13 (L3-L4) and the default(s) are
AA likely to be changed to digits I would think?  I belive the AA is null so
would it still send an F if it can't send two digits? I know they do have
some power outages and the battery is(was) three years old so I did suggest
they changed the battery, that was done today.