> Scantronics
> DTI
> C&K
> Moose
> Sentrol
> Caddx
> ITI
> OsborneHoffman
> just to mention a few and although many folks may not have bought any
> products from these companies they did exist as competitors so you had a
> choice and now all thats left is a couple of items from all of the above.

You had a choice but a real shitty one, look at what DTI, Acron and
Scantronics made. They were bought out for a reason and that reason is they
were almost kaput

And don't get me started on Moose again, Jack doesn't like me to talk about
them

> And now I understand the GE attempt to purchase Honeywell is back on again
> and if successful would eliminate the need for any of those other lines.
> couple of years ago the government had some concerns GE was buying up all
> these companies and blocked the Honeywell purchase.
>
> Now GE could logically claim they don't own any other security firms if
they
> are all kaput and for all practical purposes doesn't the Interlogix
product
> line seem more or less kaput now?

Umm the Interlogix product line WAS almost all of that list, most were kaput
after Sentrol bought them before Interlogix

> They spent a lot of money to take everyone else out of the market and now
> Napco is the only independent left but they are not any competition to
> anyone but if they can keep going another year they may be in the catbird
> seat.

Well you could say Linear and Visonic are also independent but I seriously
doubt GE will take over everything.