Scantronics
DTI
C&K
Moose
Sentrol
Caddx
ITI
OsborneHoffman
just to mention a few and although many folks may not have bought any
products from these companies they did exist as competitors so you had a
choice and now all thats left is a couple of items from all of the above.

And now I understand the GE attempt to purchase Honeywell is back on again
and if successful would eliminate the need for any of those other lines.  A
couple of years ago the government had some concerns GE was buying up all
these companies and blocked the Honeywell purchase.

Now GE could logically claim they don't own any other security firms if they
are all kaput and for all practical purposes doesn't the Interlogix product
line seem more or less kaput now?

They spent a lot of money to take everyone else out of the market and now
Napco is the only independent left but they are not any competition to
anyone but if they can keep going another year they may be in the catbird
seat.