Re: Electric door strike

ABLE_1 wrote:
> Don't get too happy.  If I read your original request the HES 9600 will not
> work for your application since the flippers are spring loaded and will
> assume the closed position when the door is closed.  Thus not allowing the
> latch to re-enter.  Sorry for the bad news.
>
> Les
>

> "Rohan" <a@xxx> wrote in message
>
>>Thats the shot.
>>
>>Now to see if I can afford it :-)
>>
>>Thanks to everybody.
>>
>>Rohan
>>
>>"jewellfish" <jewellfish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>>I believe Hes makes a strike that will fit the bill.  It has two
>>>flappers that look lit the flappers on a pinball machine that will
>>>allow the toungue to go one way but prevent passage back until
>>>realeased.Look at HES 9600.
>>>
>>>Good hunting

I don't think there is anything that's designed to accommodate a dead
bolt right out of the box.  He might have to use the latch keeper and
position switches to control the plate until the dead bolt re-enters the
strike.  Don't know if that's even possible and it may reduce the life
of the solenoid if the door's held open for long periods.  If the OP is
concerned about someone fiddling with the lock set, why not use a
mortise lock and put a big metal plate on the door that will cover
everything when the door's closed?

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com