Re: Ademco Vista-15 Install Manual

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2f60229eirij0tns9lfhm4if4dip0vuejd@xxxxxxxxxx
>> Installation/programming manuals are hardly ever
>> given to the end user...for good reasons too - they're
>> written in Alarmglish and one mistake in programming
>> and you may render the panel totally useless.
>
> That's one of the reasons.  The other is that without the manual
> the client will need the installer for any changes or additions
> the system may require in future.
>
> I always left the manuals, along with any drawings and job notes
> in a large, plastic envelop inside the control panel cabinet.
> This made it easy to service since the proper manual for the
> particular panel in use was always on site.  Occasionally
> manufacturers issue new versions of the manuals with version
> upgrades of the panels.  If the original manual is kept on
> premises the service technician doesn't have to concern himself
> with searching the truck for the right paperwork.

I would not recommend stuffing lots of paper inside an alarm panel.
Potential fire hazard.  Just what an unsuspecting customer needs, lots of
flammable material stuffed inside an electric device cabinet that is
generating heat.  WOW!  Good thing you are not in the trade!  You really
should think before posting some of this stuff to more unsuspecting diy vict
err clients.