Re: Learning Resources

Don't listen to this. The AT&T 8000 is the professional alarm equivalent to
a Yugo automobile on cinder blocks.

What I would do:
a)- Get 3 bids from small, local, reputable alarm installation companies. If
any show "high-pressure, buy-it-now" sales tactics- throw them out and call
another. Avoid the large chain companies- you will not get what you pay for.
b)- Use the info gleaned from their bids to evaluate whether you
can/should/want to install it yourself.
c)- Call your insurance agent to inquire about possible discounts for having
a monitored system.
d)- Install system- Insist on using non-proprietary equipment (non-
"company-branded" equipment such as ADT or Brinks.) Whether you do it
yourself or have it done for you, be sure it's done right to avoid problems
which will lead to it not being used. Be sure everyone in the household has
their own separate code and knows how to use the system. Have at least a
couple of smoke detectors installed, if monitored.
e)- Go on vacation. Be amazed that you're not consumed with worry that
something will happen while you're gone.
f)- Go on a business trip. Be amazed that you're not consumed with worry
that something will happen to your family while you're gone.
g)- Go to sleep. Be amazed that you're not consumed with worry that
something will happen while you're asleep.