Security system. Stand alone product

Hi,

We are considering buying a house and on our first visit we noticed it has a
security system installed. It seems like the owners have a contract with a
security company, but I was wondering if we can use this system as a stand
alone product if we decide not to subscribe. Is this a possibility? I am not
sure about the maker of the system though...

Thank you!