DIY wireless additions

I recently decided to add a few motion sensors to my wireless set up and
have noticed that home depot carrys them and was wondering is it as easy to
add as the package makes it sound?  It says something about wireless remote
on the package but I have one of those and don't want to replace it with a
motion sensor.  Is that just an example ont he packaging?

Thanks
Steve