Re: Ge Concord Panel

My company installs mainly Concords... Here's the low-down:
If you have a fixed message LCD keypad, the green ready light will go
out if a zone is open.
If you have an alpha keypad, there are no lights, just a flashing
asterisk (*) to show an abnormal condition. In either case, press the
asterisk (*) key to show faulted zones, abnormal conditions, etc.

NOTE: Turning on the chime will cause an abnormality that even GE
shrugs at. With a fixed message keypad and the chime is turned on, then
a hard-wired door is tripped, the green ready light will not go out,
but a message displaying which zone is open will appear. Once the
message times out, THEN the green ready light will go out.  This same
effect goes when closing the zone too. Close the zone, the light stays
out until the "zone closed" message expires. Strange part: this effect
does not apply to wireless zones.

My supervisor (an expert in his own mind) argued about this effect for
hours until I proved it to him on three seperate systems.  Kept
claiming "bad board".... bad supervisor! No cookie for you!!!
sorry... off on a tangent..... ;)