Re: Bass vs DBPR

"Optional" <fillingtheform@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3omj121890fgpofri910eh4f5sjk6q0djp@xxxxxxxxxx

> Oh,  for the content portion of my post that I would up forgetting to
> include above, what is the DBPR?

The DBPR is the State of Florida agency which regulates state licensing, in
Florida, for 67 different industries. Full name is the "Department of
Business and Professional Regulation". Bass has been wobbleing on the fence
as to whether his business functions require a state license or not. Some of
his actions do require a license. He keeps saying no, but, for his own good,
I have told him on several occassions that he is not reading far enough into
the statute. For some reason he doesn't go past the part that says he is
exempt from licensure for distribution. I don't think he realizes there are
actually two statues and a set of rules that govern these activities, but he
thinks he knows more than anyone else, so......... Some of his actions have
gone by the wayside because he realized the value wasn't worth the risk, and
some have had complaints filed against him for investigation. After a recent
visit to his modest online business (his home) by a DBPR investigator, the
charges left to go cold due to a dispute over an interpetation of the
statute between two of the state attorneys. One said he was in violation and
the other said they wouldn't persue it because the statute was not clear.
That portion of the statute has since been cleared up. I think if another
complaint were to be filed for the same thing, the case would be easily
picked back up. Bass is definately on peoples radar here in Florida for his
activities. Not as an online dealer, because to sell parts does not require
a license on the state level, but may on a local level, such as an
occupational license. He used to claim to be incorporated, but didn't show
up in the Division of Corporations. A license is required for some of his
extra curricular activities. He is a smart guy and he knows how and likes to
play the game. It will be his ego, his attitude toward any type of
regulation, and his "catch me if you can" attitude that will be his demise.
Probably much more than you wanted to know.