Re: Electric door strike

aaa wrote:
> I am looking for an electric door strike to work in conjunction with a fixed
> tongue lock. The requirement is for the strike to allow the lock tongue to
> pass freely when the door is closing but prevent it from opening again
> unless activated.
>
> All the strikes I have seen so far require that the door lock tongue retract
> as the door closes to get past the fixed release plate on the strike.
>
> Do these particular strikes have a name, as I am unable to search for one
> without knowing what it is actually called.
>
> Regards
>
> Rohan

If you can't find it at Rutherford, I don't think you'll find it.  You
might want to explore some options with their technical support people
concerning the "6 series" locks that have a "keeper switch" you could
use to de-energize the strike and keep it open until the dead-bolt pulls
it back in when the door closes.  Unfortunately if someone manually
moves to strike plate back to the locked position, the strike will
re-energize and the dead bolt will keep the door from closing.  I don't
know of any door strike that will do what you want.

http://www.rutherfordcontrols.com/hp/index.asp?zone=can

Good luck!

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com