Re: dvr's

> I've found (from personal experience) that you guys "pay a fortune" for
> everything there.  Whenever we go to the UK to visit relations, my wife
> has to go shopping with a huge list of cosmetics and "personal apparel"
> items first.  Apparently what you pay there in Pounds is what we pay here
> in Canadian Dollars for the same stuff!

My daughter is living in Kew (near London), and most stuff there costs about
2X what it costs here (USA).  Based on a week-long visit with her and
several shopping trips and eating out and touring ... damn but the London
area is pricey!  I hear that Tokyo Japan is worse, so I won't be able to
travel there.