Re: Monitoring to the Max $225/Month

"SecurityNovice" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:VGIlg.251079$5Z.120289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Spoke with a company last week who is paying $225.39 in MONTHLY monitoring
> fees to one of the big boys.  I almost fell off my rocker.  I asked three
> times if it was for a quarter or a half year.. Nope, per MONTH!

That's nothing... when I worked for the largest National co as a commercial
sales rep, we regularly "resold" services to existing accounts when a new
business moved in, and often charged $10k/yr+ for
monitoring/maintenance/fire alarm inspections for very large company owned
security/fire/cctv/access control systems, such as a large manufacturing
facility or warehouse. Had several new accts that cost us $100k plus (our
cost) to install, with customer payments for lease & services well over
$10k/yr.

There were also lots of old Wells Fargo systems that had been priced at 3 to
4 times what they should have been, and when our company bought them out, we
continued to charge the same fees.

Made 60% of the first year ANSC (annual service charges) per 5 yr contract.
Made boatloads of money, 'til we caught up with all the "out of service"
company-owned commercial accounts.

I'll bet the amount you are speaking about includes maintenance, and
probably includes much more than a standard "security" system. We never
charged more than $30 for monitoring an individual system, unless it had a
UL certificate, and then it was about $60.  At least 90% of our commercial
accts included maintenance, since all company-owned commercial equipment had
mandatory maintenance and/or inspections built into the ANSC.