Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

Tommy wrote:
> Ohm's law is one of those things we use all the time without even
> realizing it. kinda like algebra. what's x+3=5? that's algebra in its
> simplist form.
> --

I've had people work for me who couldn't quote Ohm's Law, but they
still knew how to use a meter to trouble shoot. I think it's more that
they understand to concept of current flow, resistance to that current
flow and that votage is the "pressure" that moves the "current". Once
understanding that .... it's sort of Ohm's Law with out knowing the
actual formulas. They do it more by comparison and process of
elimination. The actual formulas are really only needed for
predetermining voltage drop , loads and current. Certainly a help if
you know them, but for most troubleshooting cases, as easy as they are,
a "tech" can get along 90% of the time, with out actually being able to
recite them.